Getting a new connection
The new connection process is a simple 3-step process that takes only a few days to complete.
Step 1: Fill out an application form at UMEME and pay the inspection fees.
Step 2: Our team will visit you for inspection within 2 working days.
Step 3: A meter will be installed within 5 working days after payment.
For connection requirements and charges, click here.
Disconnection and reconnection
If you were disconnected for non-payment of bills and you resorted to an illegal connection, you will not be penalised during the amnesty period. Simply follow the steps below to get reconnected.
Step 1: Make a full payment against your postpaid account number through the various UMEME payment channels.
Step 2: If you require a payment plan, visit any UMEME office, have an open discussion with the district manager and sign against the agreed payment plan. This will involve ;
- 30% partial upfront payment towards the outstanding debt through our payment channels.
- Conversion to YAKA
- Remaining debt is transferred to your prepaid account for automatic recovery off each YAKA purchase made
Step 3: If you are not converted to YAKA , the reconnection process will involve;
- Full payment or 30% payment of the outstanding bill
- A signed payment plan by you and the district manager to enable clearance of the outstanding bill within the agreed period
- Reconnection of power supply to your premises
For more about disconnection and reconnection, click here.
Commitment to our customers
We are committed to upholding the integrity of UMEME and safety of our customers in everything we do. As such, none of our staff should mislead you, coerce you into going against official UMEME procedures or solicit money from you.
If this happens, please report immediately through any of the channels below and we will act swiftly.
- Visit any UMEME office
- Call 0800285285 (toll-free)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp 0772285285
- Reach us on Facebook and Twitter
- Use this website
Our payment channels
Any type of payment to UMEME should be paid towards the channels listed below. NO payment should be made to any UMEME Staff.
- Stanbic Bank
- Barclays Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Bank of Africa
- Bank of Baroda
- United Bank of Africa (UBA)
- Africell Money
- MTN Mobile Money
- UTL M-Sente
- Airtel Money
- Post Bank
- Orient Bank
- Housing Finance Bank
- Finance Trust Bank
- Equity Bank
- Diamond Trust Bank
- DFCU Bank
- Crane Bank
- Centenary Bank
Reporting an illegal connection
If you need to report an illegal connection, call 0312360777 or use this website. Any information you submit will be treated in the strictest confidence.